Saturday, January 24, 2009

Rustle in the undergrowth


in between working, teaching and studying I have been busy - really I have !
And to prove my point ...........meet Rustle! She is one of a new series I have been working on to sell.

Rustle is not an angel, but a forest elf - impish and extremely roguish. She is constructed of papier mache and machine embroidery with hand stitched detail. She has taken rather a long time to develop - not least of the pattern and design of her - but I am rather pleased with the outcome.
She is still being developed but it wont be long now before she is out in the marketplace . I am hoping to sell through Etsy eventually a whole series of forest elves and fairies - figures that are a culimination of my current work and ideas.


I hope Rustle will find a new home somewhere in another forest ...........

Zaz ;-)









7 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

She is rather beautiful - I like the text on her face.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Digitalgran said...

Rustle is beautiful Sara. lovely to see you having time to blog in between all your other activities. Superwoman!

10:28 AM  
Blogger ewa-christine said...

Tack Sara för en underbart rolig, stimulerande och trevlig dag.
Vad jag uppskattade din Workshop.......!!!!

11:30 AM  
Blogger ewa-christine said...

Sara
Sänd mig din adress så sänder jag över en hel del underbara kort. Du hann förmodligen inte ta några med ditt engagemang!!

11:37 AM  
Blogger gunnelsvensson said...

Tack för en jättetrevlig dag Sara! Jag kommer att göra fler dockor/ änglar !

1:43 PM  
Blogger julie said...

Rustle is very cool!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Kel said...

Amazing
You are a great talent

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home