Monday, June 04, 2007

Opus and a weekend course



oooops ! I have missed a few days here :0) Sorry ! But apart from that I must must must report back on my weekend course!

A course organsied here in Sweden with the tutors Julia and Alex Caprara . Now if you arent aware of these two amazingly inspiring textile artists then look at the school of texiles they founded and run in London.



Opus has been running successfully for many years and they are currently the only educational establishment to offer the BA (Hons) Stitched Textiles degree course by distance learning. Now that is amazing!
The weekend was packed with drawings, mark making , model moulding, looking at cubism, painting - paper and fabrics, collage and stitch samples. each area carefully planned to move so smoothly into the next step and stage............................

Pictures?? some shown here of the final pieces and of Julia and Alex's final crit.
.............and if you are in or around London then dont miss their Graduate Exhibition .
and then theres me :0)
yes, I have signed up to do the degree course starting this September. I had my initial interview and was accepted .........so I am afraid the next 6 years are to be dedicated to stitched textiles ............now there's a hardship ;-)
If anyone wants to join me on this journey - I would interested to hear from you - its going to be exciting, frustrating, expensive, tiring but oh so incredibly worthwhile to develop as a textile artist.
Fantastic!
Zaz;-)

10 Comments:

Blogger Ulla said...

It's really worth the time to develope and use new impressions.
Thanks for telling us
Ulla

1:06 AM  
Blogger Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

I am so excited for you...... you will love doing the degree with Opus.So pleased you had such an inspiring weekend.

Best wishes

Maggie

7:30 AM  
Blogger Lesley said...

Fantasic Sara! I'm already looking forward to hearing more about it - roll on September.........

8:48 AM  
Blogger Susan Lenz said...

Many congratulations with a successful weekend, a new goal, and a great experience. More importantly, thanks so much for sharing it with everyone. I look forward to hearing about your studies, your journey, and the seeing the stitching along the way.
Susan

1:24 PM  
Blogger maggie said...

congratulations on your acceptance to opus. i just finished my first module in the BA (hons). glad to have some company in the adventure.

nice to see the pix of alex and juiia. after all of our phone conversations i haven't actually ever seen what they look like 'on the job.'

5:17 PM  
Blogger Digitalgran said...

I am so jealous of you Sara. I will just have to share your enjoyment of the course. A few years younger and I would most definitely go fo it myself. One never stops learning and you have made me interested in Cubism too. I must look it up.

12:20 AM  
Blogger gunnelsvensson said...

Hej Sara!
Förstår att helgen varit givande! Så kul att du ska utbildningen från Opus, det blir säkert jobbigt, men förstås mycket givande! Och du har ju inga svårigheter med språket!

12:21 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

Congrats! I am going to enjoy seeing you as you go through your course work. I'm jealous! Maybe, one day when my kids get older I can try this as well. It looks like you will have great fun!

6:07 PM  
Blogger margaret said...

Courses with Julia and Alex always get the creativity flowing - you'll enjoy your 6 years! I stumbled on to Julia's course (at City Lit) in the mid-90s and it changed my life, very much for the better...

3:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow, Sara, that's great news - what an adventure!

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home