Wednesday, August 23, 2006

paring down


I have read on a number of blogs recently about 'paring down - a good and enjoyable read is Shirley's - and as I am also in the process of that horrible affliction I thought it would be interesting to post a picture of my new abode!


its teeny tiny - rather like living in trailer I suppose but smaller ! But its gorgeous and I wouldnt change it for the world!

Of course the upside is, is that whilst I have pared down all the essentials like linens, clothes, ornaments (those horrible dust gathering things) and more than half my furniture - I have not discarded one skein of thread, one screwed up remnant of very interesting paper or any of the mounds of materials I have accumulated ! Quite rightly all my art equipment is coming, every last book (however old or dusty!) and all of the storage units that house my ever increasing mound!

And the outcome ???? I live in my studio! Brilliant idea - why has it taken me so long to think of it - no more housework cos I havent got any living accomodation - no more visitors (unless the understanding arty sort of course who are always welcome!) - and no more cooking cos there is no kitchen , only the place with the sink and the cooker where I do my my dying and heat destructing!

Who needs living accomodation anyway?

Zaz ;-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

Oho! Fine whilst you are alone, Sara, but when you have your dearly beloved there too...I sense a shift in priorities!

Or are you both going to live in the studio annexe in the garden?!

5:31 AM  
Blogger Zaz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Zaz said...

no Gill - no shift in priorities! Cant get along without Ulf, so will make room for him! anyway he wont mind living in my studio - cos he loves me !!!!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

sounds perfect Sara (love your last comment :))

10:14 AM  
Blogger Digitalgran said...

Well done Sara. You've got your prioroities right and Ulf fits in there neatly 'cos he loves you.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love it Sara,
sounds the ideal set up

2:11 PM  
Blogger Shirley Goodwin said...

Got your priorities right there! But I don't HAVE a studio! :-(

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home