Monday, July 03, 2006

brush up on my Shakespeare


''Eye of Newt and toe of frog,
Wool of bat and tongue of dog,
Adders fork and blind worms sting,
Lizards leg and howlets wing ---
For a charm of powerful trouble
like a hell broth boil and bubble''

from Macbeth (1V , i, 14-15)


Beside my house - guess what I found
a treasure that is very sound!
A Swede who loves to read and write,
whose music taste is certain right.
He reads the classics - and discuss
the meanings of the phrases, thus.

He loves to cook and try anew
the recipes that trial a few.

His music taste is jazz and blues
and classic chantings, soul filled news.
He knows the seasons, plants and weeds
around the garden , gentle deeds.
His vision is not far away
from Santa Claus - and to this day
my joy at having such a friend
beside my house, is wishfull end.

I garden busy in the shrubs
and up he turns amongst the tubs.
First, blueberry pie, then made ice cream
home grown potatoes - waking dream.

We talk about the plants and things
like dipping pens and birds that sing.
We talk on art and then we view
his gallery of art - so true!

He collects all sorts of art, this man
enjoying art that artists can.
I cant express my sheer delight
that right next door, and to the right,
A man whose soul has reached to mine,
whose love of life and all divine
lives just next door, beside the track
that runs along the hen house back.

Zaz ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

Great post Sara and I wish I had a guy like that for a neighbour!

3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home