Monday, May 29, 2006

recycling





we have an exhibition this week at Vävkompaniet all about recycling! I bought a wool blanket and felted it in the washing machine - 3 times to be exact!

Out of my wonderful blanket - I have made bracelets, necklaces, cushions, bags and brooches!! It has been a challenge - for me recycling is a natural part of what I do ............................I have loved working with this theme.

I have also made papier mache bowls - seaglass pendants ...........................oh yes! and my inside out soft toys!!!








Zaz;-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

I love the felty jewellery Sara and think the blanket purchase was a wow!

2:15 AM  
Blogger Digitalgran said...

I have really enjoyed seeing all the lovely things you have made Sara. I think they are all winners!
I love all this recycling that's fashionable these days. Goes back to the time when money was scarce and we turned collars inside out and even unpicked tweed jackets and turned them inside out and re-stitched. Very satisfying.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Sally Webster said...

You are way too smart to be cleaning offices Sara. Much more likely to be cleaning up with your wonderful recycling products! Tell us more about your inside out soft toys please.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sara, your blanket goodies are fantastic, you are a woman on a mission

12:23 PM  
Blogger Zaz said...

I am snapping up old blankets like a woman possessed!

i think these old patterns had something that is worth revisiting!

love Sara

12:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How are you smoothing the edges of the Sea glass ? or are you finding pieces that are already perfectly worn ?

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home