Sunday, May 07, 2006

recycling



I am a big recycler....................... I love the thought of making beautiful things from junk, rubbish, found objects ...............call it what you will! There is a sort of excitement that smoulders away in me that this 'stuff' that has previously been discarded and rejected can surface again.

But it must be well done - I really cant stand the crafty type patchwork stitching , the badly done collages - to raise the acceptance level of working with recylced objects the final product muct have its own dimension, its own depth and its own existence...... as an item in its own right!


I have been working with papier mache for eons! and these are revisited - here ............




Sea glass is a new concept for me and after a discussion with one 'online' artist' - aka Sally Webster ,who helped advised me on the technique ............. these are the results - wonderful original pendant hangings!

more recycling .................



wired and beaded treasures from the sea.......


thanks Sally - I owe you one !


now off to the coast.................

Zaz;-)


.......

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful Sara, love the bowls and the pendants, can never find seaglass on our beach :(

1:34 AM  
Blogger Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

The sea glass pendants are really well designed, cannot believe you have not made them before Sally guided you. Well done. Are you going to make a pendant for your four legged friend now he is so smartly trimmed? Maggie H.

1:35 AM  
Blogger Zaz said...

ooohhh doggy jewellery ! now theres a thought ;-)

sara

2:07 AM  
Blogger Gill said...

the sea glass is great, Sara - if only we had a beach to comb!

3:22 AM  
Blogger Digitalgran said...

Wow, Sara. I think you have great sellers there in the seaglass jewellery, they are so beautiful.
I never find seaglass either Carol, people around here must put all their bottles in the bottle bank.

5:32 AM  
Blogger Liz Plummer said...

Mmmm, lovely Sara.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Shirley Goodwin said...

Sara, I love those papier mache bowls. This is something I've wanted to do but just haven't got around to it yet - you know how it is!

Shirley in New Zealand

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home