Saturday, May 13, 2006

aging

as I grow older in my shoes
I never noticed ageing clues.

I am me and always will
be a girl, enjoy the thrill!

I'm young inside and known to be,
I dont grow old or accept me.

The vision looking back, you know,
it is not me , i'm long ago

the girl with hat and powdered look
clear skin, bright hair , a picture book.

When did the time spill out its toll
when did I age and wither so?

what happened to my laughing eyes
the quizzled brow, the tiny size.

I'm older now ,but still the girl
with laughing eyes and kissing curl.

I still can see with young , steal deed,
the passing days of age indeed,

And if I am much older now
my thoughts are still of younger brow.

anon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Digitalgran said...

I like that Sara.
The last week or so I have been thinking along those lines. Then I decided on a makeover for myself.
A DIY job!
I have already had a new haircut and showed the young man who was the stylist a punky looking cut. Talking to that young man cheered me up, he was a Syrian and so pleasant. He said we would go half way this time, that I needed a modern 'chunky 'cut.
I need some new clothes now, nice modern things.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home