Monday, April 03, 2006

strange days?


some days just turn out to be strange .............. dont they?

This is my first day as a full time professional textile artist - ta da!!! So what has happened ?

Well the cat has delivered 2 dead mice and a bird - obviously he feels there is something to celebrate now in having me at home all the time ! So he decided to share his 'catch' with me !!! Thanks! ;-)

Then I had to go to the job centre to sign on - nice people but a little lacking in understanding of the job market I think! They found me a job at a theme park - High Chaperell - cowboy theme park !!! I am speechless.........did they know about my line dancing career in my previous life??? and - yes- I did teach line dancing in England !!

However I am now 53 and a little tubbier than I was then - so I dont think that performing in the 'show' or even serving hot dogs dressed as a rootin tootin Shotgun Annie is really up my street!

Thanks jobcentre people - but I think I'll pass on that one!

Also .................I have been offered my cleaning job back after it being temporary - I have to consider that one too!

At the moment I am working on my figures .............................and contemplating life as a textile artist!!!

yee ha!

Zaz;-)

oh yes - nearly forgot - these really are pictures taken in our downstairs toilet - I did say I was strange ..................or did I say the day was strange??? ;-)





1 Comments:

Blogger Digitalgran said...

Great to have you back Sara. They must have knwon you had all the props for that new job they offered you. Line dancing? Wow.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home