Saturday, April 08, 2006

Saturday girl



had a lovely morning! Decided to go and help out at http://www.vavkompaniet.se/ as I am trying to learn the ropes! It was busy ..............which is good!

Ms T in the foreground!

They sell such a variety of goods , pottery, wool, jewellery, iron goods, woven mats , paper string ..........everything - all hand made! Its a great atmosphere.

I have to learn how to run the shop, cash up, lock up and unlock - etc etc etc .................................bit nerve racking!

I worked today with a girl called Ingalil.

I will go back again next week and the week after ....................somehow this has to be incorporated with my working day!!!

oh well!

I can take work to do there...... and there is also my skecthing that has got terribly behind!

Zaz ;-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Sally Webster said...

Great to be buzy Zaz. Are you the kind of person who will talk to anyone, show them your work, actively sell? How do the Swedes take to this approach? I find my American visitors, who usually come from big cities, are suspicious the mnute I say hello them! Scottish people like the chat and are more likely to tell you the big secret - who they have in mind to buy for.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Zaz said...

I follow what the others do - as I am a different culture to Swedish.

They welcome visitors, offer to help if needed and talk as much as possible about new stuff thats come in, exhibits, how its made etc!

I am sure the customers here really like that - so I try to do the same.

Very conscious of my 'foreign' accent though ;-(

Zaz

3:27 AM  
Blogger Liz Plummer said...

It looks wonderful, Sara!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Digitalgran said...

Something tells me you have exciting times ahead Sara.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Sara - what a lovely place to work. I am so envious, wish I could join you, although I cannot speak Swedish, I am willing to learn!

MaggieH

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home