Thursday, April 27, 2006

phew!





well its done and dusted! the exhibition is up and running ................at least after the private view tomorrow !!

quite pleased with how it hung - at least 9 new figures to add to my store and they took up most of the gallery!

Great gallery too - in centre of town , light and airy - and well lit - so feels good but not expecting any sales or great outcomes from it ! I do however enjoy the experience of hanging, putting stuff together and all in all use the exerience as a positive one to add to my experiences of exhibiting .....................different galleries demand all sorts of different skills ...........so keep 'em coming!

The girl (girl ??? should I say young lady?) exhibiting with me makes jewellry and machine knits - pleasant girl and nice work! Åsa Bergkvist she's called and this is a picture of her brooches and wrist warmers.

Very Scandinavian huh?

Ulf is in my bad books - having helped me hang the blooming stuff he dropped one of the figures and broke her hand ................arrrgh! Knowing exactly how long this stuff takes me to make , I was not best pleased, but if that is the only mishap - then I shouldnt complain!

So heres hoping loads of people turn up tomorrow - press too I hope - then I can rest easy till taking down day on Sunday...............all this trouble for 3 days?????

brother is it worth it ?

Zaz ;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

gallery looks good and love the figures

10:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi sara,

Yes its worth it! The Galeery looks fantastic. Hope it goes well. Helen

4:59 AM  
Blogger Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Oh Sara, it looks brilliant. Well done!

Maggie H

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home