Saturday, January 28, 2006

little people


I went junk shopping today - to look for 'found' treasures to incorporate into my art stuff. I got some great things - some small old bottles, dominos, a tin of old Caran D'Ache pencils (which Ulf forgot to pack so they got left behind ! :-( ) an angel fridge magnet, a bag of glorious marbles, a plastic mirror, and a sun brooch. But the best of all was a 'Mexican' or' South American' type headband.

Now nothing fantastic about that you say ................but glued onto the head band are 12 little figures - arm in arm , dancing! It is so happy - so I bought it at a cost of about 30 pence (English) 5 kronor to me.

When I got home and dismantled the headband I was awestruck by the construction of the figures - each made in wire and wound with wool, they are complete with hands, arms, legs and feet. Each head is clay, mounted on wire, and painted features. Hats are made of stiffened fabric. The male figures have different colour shirts to trousers and a poncho embellishment. The ladies have a scarf tied around the neck and all had knickers on - I looked ;-)

They measure not more than 3/4 inch tall - top to toe ............thats about 3 cms! they are absolutely fantastic ..........and I am blown away.

Zaz;-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

What little treasures, Sara! Remind me a bit of those "worry dolls" which come from somewhere S American (Guatemala?)
Shame about the caran d'ache package ;-(

12:36 AM  
Blogger Frances said...

what a wonderful find,

3:51 AM  
Blogger Lin said...

Aren't these adorable! Can't wait to see what you use them for ...!

4:38 AM  
Blogger ... Paige said...

what a wonderful find

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home