Saturday, January 07, 2006

edm challenge 48


the challenge this week was to draw your goals and aims for 2006. That was tough. But eventually I settled on that I would sketch a bunch of tulips I had bought. I chose this because I am not good at sketching and thought it would be a challenge for me but also cos I liked the 'flowering' idea - that I might 'flower' and grow this year as an artist.

I have had nearly two very dry artistic years and feel that 2006 will be a new start for my art.

However, because I put off the sketching (terrified to start) the tulips went over and 'exploded! which, of, course made them even more difficult to draw.

So now I have learned even more! Never put off til tomorrow that which you KNOW you should be doing today!

Heres my sketch , well a part of it anyway- I did it in a large sketch book and that doesnt fit my scanner ............


Zaz ;-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Sue Krekorian said...

I think that's a beautiful sketch, Zaz - very fluid and lyrical. It would translate well into textiles maybe fme drawing over cut back applique or straightforward applique. However, it's lovely in itself. Pen and wash would be another sympathetic development...

I like it very much. x

6:39 AM  
Blogger Digitalgran said...

Whoever told you that you couldn't draw was wrong Zaz. It's a lovely sketch.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home