Wednesday, December 28, 2005

in the beginning..........

ok and wow!

me blogging - well never thought I would do that - send my thoughts out to cyberspace, that is !

so..............guess its time for intros!

I am a textile artist ..........grand description huh? But I guess its what I do , but also its what I love to do! I make figures - I am very reluctant to call them dolls - so figures they are!

I dont earn my living at it unfortunately, so I work as a caretaker in a church and churchyard. I enjoy working outdoors and love the peace and tranquility in the churchyard. It also gives me ample opportunity to sketch and draw, and to work out new projects for my artwork!

2005 has been an odd year for me - very tough time at work - and very dry time in my art work. I totally lost all my inspiration and umph to do anything creative. But its coming back - thank God!

2006 hopefully will be full of art ..................................... I have 3 exhibitions planned and feel well on the way to getting to work again!

I have also joined the Yahoo group ' Everyday Matters' - a group that encourages sketching and being creative. Great idea . Great group. I need that .......................

On this blog I am intending to upload my sketches that I will do on a weekly basis. Some committment - so hope I will stick with it .......................

My intention is to start in the new year ..........but I will put up some of my artwork just to practise that teccie bit ;-)

big steps here!

Zaz

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim Carney said...

Welcome abroad blogging. I just had a year of blogging, and it was such a fun, interesting experience. I have met so many other bloggers, full of inspiration, ideas....
You will have fun.
I too have lost my ump for creating (at home). I do it at work...so I am looking for it again. ;)

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home